Job Title: Product Designer (UI/UX)
Reports To: VP of Product
Start Date: Immediate, or when candidate is available
We are looking for an experienced product designer to oversee the redesign of Coinme’s ATM user interface, online Bitcoin wallet, and corporate website. This individual must have experience with conducting user research, defining customer segments and core needs, collaborating with creatives and engineers to brainstorm solutions, map out an aspirational customer experience, create low and high fidelity web mock ups, conduct user testing, and visually design the user interfaces. This individual will be asked to span a breath of design capabilities and will be a core member of our fast growing team.
We believe that in this competitive marketplace that innovative product design will be a key component of our success. As the Product Designer you will be an integral component in helping us make Bitcoin more human. We strongly believe that simplicity is key and we’re looking for a likeminded individual.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES – Responsibilities will evolve as we scale the team and operation
- Oversee the redesign of three core products: ATM user interface, Bitcoin wallet and our corporate website
- Capture customer insights through user research, key data and metrics from existing products, customer support requests, and any other source as deemed relevant
- Empathize with our customers to intimately understand their needs
- Provide the creative direction for product features, aesthetics and branding
- Be able to write web copy that relates to our customers in an personalized way
- Develop the wireframes and visual designs for the screens
- Comfortable working with an engineering team who will bring designs to life
We are a small team of innovators who strive to work hard, learn fast and have fun. We often wear many different hats at different times. All of Coinme’s team members are able to think strategically yet are comfortable diving into the weeds to solve problems. We strive to automate wherever possible and create clearly defined processes to support our growth. We operate as OneTeam and strongly believe that as a team we can accomplish whatever we put our minds to.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- BA or MA in a design related field
- 5+ years of work experience in a UI/UX design role focused on responsive web
- Familiarity with tools such as Sketch, Adobe creative suite, Balsamiq, InVision or other prototyping tools
- Knowledge of UX best practices, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup
- A strong digital portfolio with relevant examples leading product design
- Have a “do whatever it takes” mindset. Possess a strong work ethic, be willing to go the extra mile, and be able to collaborate positively with others while still being able to work independently when needed
- Passion for technology and the opportunity to provide the world with an easy-to-use and secure digital currency
Coinme is a venture-backed cryptocurrency technology company on a mission to provide the world with access to secure and easy-to-use digital currencies. We recognize that in a world of political and financial uncertainty, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will continue to successfully disrupt traditional state-backed currencies around the globe. That's why we feel it is our purpose to combine the features that make Bitcoin great: autonomy, security and decentralization, with the simplicity of modern digital banking. Our first-to-market ATMs are the easiest way for the average consumer to buy and sell Bitcoin, instantly.
As Bitcoin continues its explosive growth, we are committed to keeping pace by building a team that will aggressively expand operations across the US and internationally.
Competitive base pay, stock options, annual profit-share, health benefits package
This opportunity is for a full-time position located at our headquarters in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle, WA.
Coinme is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.